Monday, February 20, 2012

BANGKOK

Bangkok has been in my vacay list for years now. And when I finally get to, I guess the excitement had somewhat depleted. So I thought let's just go and try to enjoy whatever comes.

And enjoy I did. I had an amazing time. Really. The food was just amazing, but of course la kan. And the things there are just so freakin' affordable that I'm dreading the arrival of my next credit card bills. And more importantly the photographic opportunities were in abundance that I took, like, a thousand plus photo ! Crazy, right? Hehe.... Jenuh sorting....

Of course, it will not do for me if I don't do street photography. To capture the daily activities of a place I visited, like in this case, the metropolitan inhabitants, had always been a joy for me. Taking a snap of a person pushing his cart pun boleh buat I get all excited. Can't really explain but I guess the best I could do is that I enjoy the simple stuff, you know. I find routine day to day happening most fascinating.







And then of course a visit to Bangkok will not be complete if one does not see this show. Well, depends le. To some people, show macam ni not their cup of tea. For me, it was an experience. Seen them on the internet but never live. This show is called the Calypso Cabaret. For a person like me yang suka fotografi ni, memang le seronok bila dapat subjects yang interesting.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, tentunya ada cultural shows. Lama dah teringin nak ambik gambar penari2 traditional yg berkuku panjang ni. Me so happy lah!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Juga tak lengkap kalau tak pergi ke floating market. I did not go to the one in Bangkok cause I was told it is no longer 'authentic' due to modernizations. So pergi la ke the one located 110 km away. Let me tell you, I think I could have stayed there like a whole day. Suffice to say I was giddy with excitement. Tak beringat petik shutter camera.. hehe
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Taking photos here was quite challenging due to the non-stop influx of tourists. I tried to make the most of it and below are the outcome.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Blog entries Bangkok saya:
1. BANGKOK
2. BANGKOK TRIP

No photograph may be reproduced, downloaded, copied, stored, manipulated, or used whole or in part of a derivative work, without written permission from Syed Amran. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. pergh.... beautiful culture of Thai.

    suka tgk pic di floating market tu. overall nice capture sifu. (boleh kan gelar bro sifu, seni karya sgt hebat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TP.
    Yes, culture diaorg memang beautiful. Kesenian memang indah bila dipersembahkan dgn penuh ketelitian dan passion.
    Floating market tu memang le best sgt. Serious. I sampai awal pagi so, best ambik gambar. Bila dah around pukul 10 pagi, dah mula crowd dtg. Sesak sungai/canal tu. Jadi nak ambik gambar pun jadi lebih challenging cause kalau boleh tak nak le termasuk gambar tourists.

    Without a doubt, the journey is still long for me to attain sifuhood. But thanks :). I guess I am busy having too much fun taking photos to think about stuff like that.. haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. akan ku jejak bangkok kembali nanti.


    but for me, ur art of photo is too cool and artistic bro. maybe i must capture more picture to train myself in this photography field.

    macam mahu berguru sama bro saja. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tapi tunggu sampai dah aman ya. Baru je ader kes bombing which was believed to be terrorism related. Seram.

    Yes, must take more photos. Kena rajin. Tapi sebelum tu bro buat sikit study about the subject yg bro nak capture. Contohnya, kalau nak gi ambik landscape, baca serba sedikit tentang landscape photography. Lagi senang tgk contoh2 landscape shots kat internet. Also shoot waktu pagi bila cahaya lembut. Belajar compostion also.

    Ok, jom gi outing photoshoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eh ada bom2 kat sana bukan kat area selatan thai ke bro.


    biasa bro outting mana?

    ReplyDelete
  6. terima kasih diatas tips tu....biasanya main redah saje hehehe tanpa study. baru nak blajar2 pegang camera nie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ader bro. Just google Bangkok bombing 2012.

    Biasa outing kat Taman Rimba Ampang. Dekat dgn rumah :)

    You're most welcome. Tak pe. Pelan2 and gain experience :)

    ReplyDelete